Monday, September 10, 2007

Chevron Techron

This is an endorsement from a TOTALLY satisfied customer.

Tcp Landing Bottle


I have a 20 year old BMW 325iC that just went to Miami Florida and back. For the past 3 years I have had to play the "waiver" game with the NYSDMV because I have been unable to pass emissions inspection. At first my car blew 2.3 on the NOx. Then it blew a 3.1. I changed the catalytic converter. I changed plugs, I changed the distributor. None of these efforts helped. I changed the thermostat. No change. Now the thermostat was actually the first clue as to what was really wrong. My engine had been running hot for a long time. it is known that engines that run hot tend to produce higher levels of NOx.

So I tried one of those "lucas" products. That's when I blew the 3.1. So I had almost resolved to either having to pay out $400/year in order to keep the car on the road. No that I like that, but since I don't have a car note, it's not the worst economic choice. Then I read on a site about a way to get your NOx down.

Get your fuel level down to 1/4 tank. put in 2 bottles of Techron. Drive until your fuel light comes on. Fill up. Go take a test. When I did this, my emissions went from the 3.1 to 2.11. I already qualified for a waiver so I went about my business. I had been adding Techron to my engine on a regular basis up until this last inspection in which my engine blew a nice 1.83. That is a pass. All due to Techron.

I completely recommend this product if your engine is otherwise working but you are still failing an emissions test.

*disclaimer: if you take this advice and mess up your engine it's your fault not mine. The text here is provided for informational purposes only. Again if you follow this advice and mess up your car, I'm not to blame.

No comments: