Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Palm OS emulation on the N800

Just posted to Internet Tablet Talk

ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc., formerly PalmSource, Inc. has just released Garnet VM Beta for the Nokia Internet Tablet. This virtual machine software lets you run the full Palm OS Garnet on any model of Nokia Internet Tablet (770, N800, N810), giving you full PIM functionality as well as let you install more than 30,000 free and commercial Palm OS applications.
Now I can sync, hopefully, haven't tested yet, all my Macs, my Fossil Wrist PDA and my N800 with passwords and other pertinent info.

[update] ummmmmm on second thought..until the thing can do full screen rather than emulate the exact configuration of a palm device (or at least rotate the screen to portrait view) I'm going to have to stick with the GPE apps. I'm a Mac user. Aesthetics are important to me.

[update] I have successfully synced with my Mac via Missing Sync software over a network connection.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: