Friday, August 29, 2014

Leg Room Fiascos

I haven't flown in a while. I actually avoid air travel (and bus travel) and drive wherever it is I'm going. Partly because I despise the security circus as well as the fact that I am over 6 feet and the seats leave someone my height and above with a lot of problems.

If at all possible I will ask for an aisle seat so I can stretch out my legs or volunteer to sit by the door which always has an entire row of legroom available. Yes! I will volunteer to be the emergency door person. Odds are I won't be needed.

The two things that do not mix are entitled mofos and airplanes. Folks feel that since they paid x amount for a seat on a plane they are entitled to fuck up your legs for the entire flight so they can chillax.

The 60-year-old from Paris apparently told the passenger in front of him that her reclined seat was hurting his legs, WCVB reports.

But the woman apparently refused to budge.The disagreement turned into a row, and a flight attendant attempted to intervene. The man allegedly followed the crew member down the aisle and grabbed his arm, according to a federal affidavit.

Let me assume the request did NOT go something like:

Gade bitch, deplase chèz ou moute anvan m 'frape ou Fuck a soti.
You'll want to use Google Translate on that one.

But assuming the convo didn't go like that, why didn't the woman look at this technically elderly man and be a decent person and realize that being 6 foot something on a plane is hard enough as it is and move her seat up? Was it REALLY that serious for this chick to lean back for the flight?

I know, both persons paid for the section with extra space. But from my reading, the guy did so because he has a physique that calls for it. Chick seems to have simply wanted the relative luxury of the extra space. If the airline. I think the attendants should have asked if anyone in the door rows would have been willing to trade places. Or if there was space in a more spacious area of the plane, volunteered to keep a happy customer and moved him there.

But that's what happened when entitled people meet airplanes.