Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Phony

So I've gotten my iPhony. Nice looking phone actually. For the record it is the CECT P168 iFONE Tri-Band PDA Phone. Yes the interface is cheesy as hell. Fonts bitmapped like hell. If anything it would make you appreciate what apple did when it did the interface on the iPhone. This phone here has a better video camera than my N800.

One serious word of warning though. DO NOT EVER connect this phone to a Mac via USB. I did so to transfer some images to try out for a wallpaper and had the Finder go crazy after copying all of 3 files. After two reboots I decided that Bluetooth will be the way I'll be transferring things to this phone. Then on reboot it asked me to install the sim card. Excuse me? This went on a couple of times before I figured out that I can access some of the menus and get the phone to "switch" sim cards. After doing this twice, the phone finally booted properly. HOWEVER the touch screen orientation was backwards. After rebooting again I figured out that by recalibrating the touch screen I could get the screen to act right.

Crazy.

Now when I got the package it was interesting what they put on the package as a description of content: LED Flashlight.

No comments: