Thursday, August 23, 2007

Maturing iPhone

A nice article at iPhone Atlas on adding custom apps to the iPhone. This is a very good development and makes me consider an iPhone as my next purchase. The stuff I'm seeing here seems like the iPhone will eventually surpass the N800 in practical use for me, with the notable exception of MaemoMapper. I'm already a Cingular customer (Not happy that they are now ATT as I dropped ATT for certain ethical reasons) so that issue doesn't bother me, but as I've been griping about my N800, it can't make calls when I want to make calls and I'm not sanguine about paying yet another party for the ability to make phone calls. With the iPhone now available as a refurb product through the Apple online store for $100 off. It is now a better deal (closer to my investment in the N800) so when the N800 reaches it's anniversary I'll see where the iPhone stands and I may make the switch.

No comments: