Monday, August 27, 2007

NeoOffice 2.2.1 Out

I just downloaded NeoOffice 2.2.1 and lo and behold I can save as MS Word 2007 (docx) and MS Excel 2007 (xlsx) format. I haven't checked the ability to open docx files but If it does, then unless I get MS Office for cheap, I'll not be doing the Office 2008 update.

[Update]

Holy battery draining cpu cycles! Trying to open an Excel sheet spawns an ODF converter that maxes out the processor with a crawling "waiting for external application" so called "progress bar". Ummmmm. Kill now.

[Update 2]
Finally let an excel document open within NeoOffice. It took nearly 15 minutes with the processor maxed. That's on a G4. I'm not sure what that would be like on a G5 or Intel chip though. Three sheets in the document with graphs. Seems kinda long though.

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

1) You site was the first one on this search "docx external application neooffice"

2) I have 2.2.3 Patch 4 and it opens a 20 page doc in about a minute.